Sunday, March 9, 2008

Happy Birthday Sara!

Sara and I at her birthday bash on Saturday...


Sara's birthday card from us...

Supplies: random paper scraps, Superbella stamps, Super sentiment, CTMH Pansy Purple CS, CTMH sparkles, SU watercolor crayons, lime green stickles.

Sara is the person I've been friends with the longest - since the first day of Kindergarten! We rode the same bus back then, and even when we weren't sitting in the back of the bus learning dirty words from the high schoolers, we found ways to be mischievious. I taught Sara how to make red Rudolph reigndeer noses with bubble gum. She told me all about her favorite book How to Eat Fried Worms. We liked to play MASHIO (mansion, apartment, shack, house, igloo, outhouse for those who haven't reveiwed gradeschool car games recently).

Our friendship continued all through elementary school, junior high and high school. She became my chauffeur in 11th grade (since I didn't have much access to a car) and our adventures continued. She tells me I often suggested she drive faster - but I don't have any recollection of that (wink, wink). I do recall a conversation we had about "driving by braille" - that's how blind people drive you know.

We stayed friends through college (both attending the UW) - even though I got married and lived off campus and she was a sorority girl. She threw me a baby shower, and was one of first people to hold my newborn daughter in the hospital.

If you can't tell, Sara is one special gal. I hope we are always friends and I hope that this is her best year ever! Happy Birthday Sara!!!


Sara, me, Dave and Sammie

No comments: