Friday, April 3, 2009

Faux Cable Fingerless Gloves

I whipped up these fingerless gloves for my friend Wendy. I really like the faux cable knit - and it's so much easier than a real cable. I have some yarn to use up, so I'm going to make a second pair but this time add a bit more ruffle to the cuff and add BEADS!!






I'm on a total bead kick right now. I'll try to post the other pair of fingerless gloves I made last week with beads. They are just scrumptious.
I'm also awaiting a shipment of yarn from knitpicks so I can make this gorgeous shawl from knitty. It only uses 5000 beads - yes 5000!!!! I think I'll be stringing beads for a while. ;)
Anyone have some good movies to recommend while I string? That is definitely a movie project.

5 comments:

Barb said...

WOW Nona! First off, I think your fingerless gloves are so cute! I really need to make some of those. And secondly...that shawl is absolutely stunning! I LOVE IT!! Now. Are you planning to use the same color as in the photo? And, 5,000 beads?! What an undertaking! I am giving you a standing ovation right now...clap!clap!clap!

Can't wait to see the finished garment! It will be beautiful.

nonapearl said...

Hi Barb!
No - the yarn is different... I'll post a picture of the box when it arrives. The yarn they used was white and then hand dyed, and I don't really want to do that. I'm using the same type of yarn, but in a tealish-navy.

We'll see when I finish it... I could be months! LOL..

ScrapSoon said...

Hello,
I love you'r blog and watch it often.
That's why i've given you this award.

http://scrapsoon.blogspot.com/2009_04_01_archive.html#8654400597531997672

Jeanne said...

I thought I'd commented on this...but I didn't! Arggghhh...so sorry! I love these...given the weather we've been having I could theoretically use these into May! LOL

I just love ALL the stuff you share!! And now you are taking on beads, too???

onemockingbirdhill said...

Nona,
fellow CTMH consultant here, I followed one of the links to your blog, It has been FUN to see your knitting, I can crochet, barely, but not knit. I think I have too many thumbs...Anyway, I was interested to see you put off things on Thurs. when the Office is on, AND you asked for movie recommendations, so I will recommend Ghost Town with Ricky Gervais. He is one of the British Office creators and he is in this movie along with Tea Leoni and Greg Kinnear. If you haven't seen it, it is hilarious! I highly recommend it! If you get the chance, let me know how you liked it! Wendy at girlswhowearglasses@live.com
thanks for such a lovely, friendly blog!