Thursday, April 9, 2009

Knitting Progress and Easter Egg Coloring!

I'm making good progress on the shawl. I'm on row 63 now (photo was taken last night), and into the third section of pattern. I met with my good friend Deb today at the coffee shop and strung two vials of beads as well (two vials out of 14!).

Deb had a good point about knitting Pi shawls in the round this way - you take it on faith that they will turn out. Until you finish and block the piece, it jus tlooks like a big jumble of yarn. Here is the bleeding heart pattern of the shawl that I finished last night. You can barely see the shape when I stretch it out.


In other news, we began preparations for Easter. Today at Bible study we did a traditional Sader meal. It was really cool. I've not ever done a sader before, and it was such a beautiful depiction of Christ's sacrifice and resurrection through scripture and symbolic foods. I want to do it every year!

Continuing with the traditions at home tonight, Sam, Daddy and I colored eggs together. Sam has become quite the expert because she already colored eggs with her Grandma Leslie a few weeks ago. :) She enjoyed showing us how to do it.





More fun things to share tomorrow! Right now we are off to watch the Office - 2 new episodes tonight - and of course I'll be knitting.

2 comments:

APA and NBK's Mom said...

Very cute pictures and don't you just LOVE those IKEA cups, they are the best! I like the plates and bowls too. :)

Happy Easter to you and your family.

Sarah said...

Such wonderful pics of you and your darling little girl!!