Thursday, April 23, 2009

Shawl Progress

I'm making good progress on my shawl. It now measures about 3 1/2 feet across, I've finished the patterned sections, and am now working on the beaded sections!

At this point each row has 590 stitches, so I'm lucky to get more than 2 rows knit per night. Only 55 more to go and the shawl will be done!

Not sure why the color is so washed out on these first two pictures, but at least you can see my progress. The first one shows the shawl on 47" circular needles. It will be *so* lovely once it is blocked...



This photo is a smidge blurry, but it shows the outer leaf pattern so nicely.



This is a better look at the true color of the yarn. For the beading, you have to pre-string all the beads - all 5000 of them! I've strung 2 of 14 vials of beads onto this skein. They are so shimmery and lovely - in shades of purple, black and turquoise. :)

5 comments:

judy anderson said...

You are a very talented and spiritual woman. I like reading your blog. Good luck with the new baby.

Barb said...

SO SO pretty already, Nona! You are such an inspiration to me! I am excited to see the finished project and I love the idea of the beading. Thanks for sharing.

BTW...I am finding that I prefer my circs now, more than the straights...thanks for the suggestion.

Hugs,
Barb

Jeanne said...

What a gorgeous shawl this is going to be when you complete it! I can't wait to see it in all its glory. Thanks for sharing your progress!

Sarah said...

5000 beads??!! are you kidding! WOW you have infinite patience...That shawl looks like it will be totally stunning.
Lovely color in the last pic.

Kim Burmeister said...

Nona, you are one talented lady! Love your blog! You just got an award on my blog...check it out!

Happy Stamping!

Kim