Monday, April 11, 2011

New Directions

You may or may not have heard, but I thought I would post an "official announcement" here on my blog so there aren't rumors started or strange untrue stories going around.

Last month I resigned from Close To My Heart.  It was a decision that has been years in the making, and something that I took very seriously.  After many tears, long heartfelt discussions with my best friends and my husband, and much prayer, I decided that resigning would be the best decision for my business.

I've been making business decisions far too long based purely on emotion, and the fact is, emotions don't pay the bills.  My leaving is not political in any way.  I dearly love the corporate staff of CTMH, I love my fellow consultants, and of course my customers were the BEST!  The product is amazing too, and I still plan to use CTMH supplies even if I no longer sell them.

Everyone who has heard this news has been very supportive and understanding of this decision.  I'm excited for the future and what new business ventures will come my way.  As of today, my knitting is taking up a HUGE amount of my time and energy and I fully intend to continue marketing my patterns, and selling the finished wares locally and online.  Additionally, I do have a few other ideas in the works, which I will happily reveal as they are ready.

I still plan to post about both knitting and paper crafting, as well as my family, and other random tidbits here on the blog.  I hope you will continue to follow me, or pop in on occasion and catch up on what's going on.

12 comments:

KCina said...

Wow....good for you! I'm excited to see what future creative goodness the future holds for you. You are SO talented with everything you do!!! :)

Keep blogging, love all your creative goodness! :)

~ Kathy in Oregon

Legacylady said...

Nona,
I am exccited for you as you explore new horizons! One of the only things constant in life is CHANGE. The very best to you as you change your course heading. Go Girl!!!

Amy said...

You are absolutely amazing! I will miss your amazing CTMH creations but look forward to see what the future brings you. Good luck and best wishes!

Unknown said...

I am sad to see you resign from CTMH, though I know you will never leave the "family". I will really miss seeing all your amazing class creations as they have inspired me greatly! Best of luck to you with your new direction, and I plan to remain a loyal follower :)

NancyK said...

Nona, I've loved all your CTMH artwork and hope to see more projects. Your knitting is truly awesome. Good luck with your new projects - I'll still be a blog follower! You'll be missed at CTMH events.

Nancy Ball said...

Nona, I'm sad to see you go from CTMH. I will continue to follow your blog as I really enjoy your knitting and paper projects. I look forward to seeing what my ex-HAS sister continues to WOW us with. Take Care and Good Luck in your future endeavours.

Jeanne said...

I know how hard it is to make this decision, having done it myself. I know a lot of thought went into it, for sure. I wish you the best of luck as you move forward in your creative endeavors. You'll be a success no matter what you do because you put so much heart into what you are creating. *Ü*

Cynthia said...

Ah, that is what I get for reading "backwards. hehe.

Anonymous said...

I am a follower and will continue. I know how much CTMH was blessed to have you as a consultant. I also know that you have a whole horizon full of new adventures. I can't wait to see where things go from here.

Stampin n da Hood said...

G' luck in all you do, Nona! You'll missed by those of us who stalked…eer followed your amazing artwork style!
Hugs

Jennifer said...

Looking forward to seeing where your new adventures take you!! I have always been a big fan of you and always will be!!

Creatique Candy said...

Nona you are a true treasure and a blessing to all. Sending you the best of wishes on your endeavors. I'm most positive that your gifts and zest for life have many miracles awaiting your journey. Much love for you, your talents, gift of love, life and teaching. My heart to you and your family as well. HUGGLES