Sunday, May 1, 2011

What's On My Needles

Just poppin' in to show you What's On My Needles this week (and last).

The Edmonds Summer Market will be here before I know it, so last week I "turbo knit" 8 infant hats.

I picked up 5 skeins of Malabrigo Chunky yarn in these delicious colors (plus one more)and was able to get 2 hats out of each skein!  I did half in seed stitch and half in straight stockinette with a ribbed brim.

Additionally, I've been working on a new design.  I'm not quite sure if it will be a hit or a bust, but I'm just going to keep knitting.  Hopefully I can get it done in the next few days and make the final tweaks.  (And after ripping it out and starting over once, I'm praying I won't have to reknit the entire thing again!)

This was progress as of late last week:

And this is where I finished up with it tonight:

Finally, I finished a very special Ollie Owl hat.  Dave's second cousin is having her 2nd birthday party on Saturday and it's an owl theme.  While we can't be there, we wanted her to have an Owl Hat in custom colors for her party. While I was in a sewing mood, I added eyes to another owl hat that had been sitting in my project bin for the last six months.  :)


No comments: