Thursday, July 7, 2011

Knitting and Dreaming

I'm doing a lot of market knitting right now.  Actually - ALL of the knitting I'm doing right now is for market, and my "personal" knitting stash has been put on hold for a few months.  But a girl can still dream... can't she?

Here are a few projects I'm dying to work on.  Many of them I even already have yarn for.  Perhaps it will inspire you to knit a little this summer?  Then maybe I can live vicariously through you.  :)

Note: to view some of the links (or to purchase these patterns) you will need to be a member of Ravelry.com (an awesome knitting/crochet community that is free to join).

1. Aestlight Shawl, by Gudrun Johnston. This has been on my "to knit" list for over a year...

I have yarn for this one - Dream in Color Starry in Cocoa Kiss (with flecks of woven knit in for beautiful shimmer.)
DC Starry - Cocoa Kiss

2. French Press Felted Slippers by Melynda Bernardi.  I have these 1/2 done, but I can't remember the modifications I  made for the first, so I'm going to have to rip them out and remake them both.  Wouldn't they make excellent Christmas gifts though???  So pretty...

3. Giotto Socks by Anna Bell.  The Yarn Harlot just finished a pair of these and I've been smitten ever since.  I was thinking of doing them in some pretty purple "Socks that Rock" yarn from Blue Moon.

4. Kindle Death by Christina Cartwright - this one is just plain cool.  :)  

5. Mitts with Pints On by Spilly Jane.  this is another pattern I already have the yarn for.  As a home brewer, I think Dave needs a pair of beer mittens.  :)


6. Of course that means I need a pair of mittens with cupcakes on them!  Also by Spilly Jane - the Cupcake Mittens.

7. Spring Garden Tee by Alana Dakos.  This is another pattern I've had for over a year.  I have the yarn for both a size for Samantha and Ruby.

8. Elijah by Ysolda Teague - serious cuteness factor here...

9. Leaflet by Cecily Glowick MacDonald.  I saw this one on the Knitty.com fall preview.  Stunning... is it not?

10. Ribbed Baby Jacket by Debbie Bliss - so cute, and perfect for a baby boy or girl by just changing up the yarn color.  So many babies on the way among my friends.  I think this would be a perfect gift sweater.

There you have it.  10 amazing summer knitting projects.  Have at it!  :)  I'll be knitting gloves and hats for market.  Hehe...

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Those slippers are to die for!! My favorite among the ten, but that elephant is darn cute, too. Hmmm...don't think my skills are up for those projects yet. hahaha!!

Katy said...

LOVE the slippers and that little elephant is A.D.O.R.A.B.L.E!!!