Thursday, August 25, 2011

Knitting Outlet

I've felt creatively uninspired lately, and I think it's because all of my creative energy has been spent on making stuff for other people.  Market season is tough in that way.  I make all kinds of cool stuff, and then it goes to live with someone else.  Not that I'm complaining - obviously getting paid to be creative is pretty awesome in and of itself.  But every now and then, I need to make something just for me.

So I decided to revisit my Monkey socks.  This pattern is by Cookie A. and is universally one of the most knitted sock pattern ever.  I can see why!  This is my first pair of monkeys, and the pattern is simple and easy to remember, but still interesting enough that I haven't gotten bored with it.

I'm knitting my monkeys in Knit Picks Felici Self-Striping sock yarn, in the "Afternoon" colorway.  I'm also knitting them two at a time - so that I don't succumb to the mind numbing horrors of "single sock syndrome".


And here's a tip for those that like to knit socks 2 at a time...  Stuff the yarn ball in the cuff of each sock before stashing in your work bag.  This will keep the ends from tangling and causing major headaches later.


All for now.  I actually have to return to the market knitting and designing process today (after 2 days off).  However, taking that break has brought some much needed rest and rejuvenation.  And I'm ready to tackle some new challenges.  In the meantime... perhaps just a few more rows on the Monkeys?  Yeah... I can swing that.  

1 comment:

Sheila Bennett said...

What fun colors in that yarn!! Great tip for keep yarn un-tangled.