Sunday, January 1, 2012

Knitting Marathon

Happy New Year!

I hope you all had a safe and blessed evening last night.  We kept it simple this year - chips and salsa, a little Kinect Dance Central 2, and a movie - When Harry Met Sally.

Do you have resolutions this year?  Any goals or things you'd like to achieve?  I made a list this year.  It's not something I always do, but I thought that with a new baby coming, it would be good to make some business and personal goals.  That way, things don't fall completely by the wayside in the chaos of midnight feedings, sleepless nights, and the sibling adjustment/rivalry that will likely ensue for at least a few weeks.

Here's my list.  It's a little frightening posting it so publicly, but maybe that will help me have a little accountability.  I think I may take a page out of my friend Sparkle's book, and also post monthly progress on my goals.

Personal:
-Read through the whole Bible this year
-Keep my crafting areas clean and organized
-Clean each bathroom 1x a week
-Knit 10 rows on a sock/day (this equals 12 new pairs of socks in 2012!)
-Send out Birthday cards (on time) to family

Business:
-Knit 3 items per week for market/shows/wholesale
-Post 3 new items to etsy each week
-Design 1 new knitting pattern a month
-Design 1 new paper craft patter a month
-Blog 4-5x per week

I even downloaded a "chore chart" app on my iPhone to help keep track of my progress!  Hehe.. I get little starts for completing a chore - and have created a rewards system for earning a certain number of stars.  It's childish - but you know I'm going to be working hard to earn those lattes, pedicures, and massages this year!
The app is called "Chore Pad" and there's a free version, but it limits you to 1 user and only 4 chores.  The full version is $1.99 and you can add everyone in the family and unlimited numbers of chores.

iPhone Screenshot 1

There's one more fun thing that I'm starting this year.  People often ask how much I knit, how many things I can knit in a day, how long I spend knitting every day, etc.  I've never officially kept track of this, and was really curious too.  So....  I created a "2012 Knitting Marathon" ticker.  Every time I knit I will log the number of yards of yarn I've gone through in my ticker.  I'm also going to keep track of the number of items I've knit.  I think it's going to be really fun to see the visual tracking of this.

You can see my ticker below - or check it out on the right side of my blog.  :)




If you want to make your own ticker tracker - then you can find great ones to personalize HERE.

I'd love to hear what your goals/resolutions are.  Feel free to comment if you'd like to share!

1 comment:

Sheila Bennett said...

What a great idea. Looking forward to watching your knitting ticker advance. :)