Sunday, May 18, 2008

Another scorcher...

It has been so stinkin' hot! Friday we hit the upper 80s, and yesterday got up to 91. Unbelieveable...

Thankfully last year we put in a window air conditioning unit, so it's cool inside. But for fun, we set up Sammie's kiddie pool so she could get outside and play in the sunshine.


I also experimented with the action mode on my camera (super fast shutter speed) so I could get great pictures while my busy bee was playing. Just look at those water droplets!


Very typical Sammie expression. She's shrieking with delight. (Looks a little more like a tantrum, but trust me... she was happy.)

Bitty toes.

She practiced jumping in and out of the pool.





I love how the water looks like it's shooting out of her fingertips - magic!





My happy girl.

9 comments:

Sharon said...

Nona, awesome pictures. I'd be happy with temperatures in the 60's
so I can spray my weeds.

Sandra said...

I live in Nevada so its about 104 today and it'll be 107 tomorrow. The kids have been in and out of the pool. I'm glad the warm weather is finally here
Sandra Tejeda
CTMH sister

Unknown said...

ahhhhh to be three again!

Nicole said...

She is darling Nona and your pics are awesome.

Stacy said...

Wonderful pictures! It looks like she loves the pool.

scrappernic said...

Fun pictures! Looks like she had fun! It was 95 here, so I know the feeling. I got out the boys' pool yesterday too so they could play outside with Mike while he was working on fixing up the yard. Sadly, I didn't take any pictures. I was inside packing where the temperature was a lovely 85. We are trying so hard not to run the air, but I don't now how much longer I can take it--LOL!

Jenn said...

Awww...your little girl is soooo precious!!! You got some awesome pics of her!!! :D

Jena said...

Cute pics! It was a 'scorcher' here today - we got up to 86, which is the warmest it's been here so far this year. It's hotter in the house, though, as we haven't un-winterized our swamp cooler yet :-P

Kisha said...

Nona - the pictures are awesome and I'm so jealous of the warm weather! It's barely been above 45 here and I actually had to turn the heat back on in the house last night because it was only registering around 52! YIKES!

Enjoy!

Kisha