Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day


Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there!

This is the card I made for my lovely mom. We had **SO** much fun yesterday.

In the morning I went over and had some breakfast with my mom and dad, then mom and I purchased our Disneyland airline tickets! We used her miles and we got first class for the ride down and back! Poor Dave had to buy his tickets through work (since he'll be at a business thing the whole week we are there) and he has to sit in coach! =( At least it's a short flight. We promise not to lord it over him too much. hehe...

Next mom and I headed to the this awesome little yarn store in the U-district called Weaving Works. I now know how novice scrappers must feel going into a store like Lasting Memories. I was totally, completely OVERWHELMED! There was so much to look at, and so many projects running through my head that I wanted to start, and thousands upon thousands of dollars worth of yarn I really wanted to buy! And, to top it off - they were having their annual super sale this weekend! After almost 2 hours of browsing and plotting, we made our way to the register. Mom treated me to about a dozen skeins of yarn, 2 new pattern books, and a few new needles (sz 2, 3, and 4) for Mother's Day. Thanks mom! I've already started on a new cute sweater for Sammie.



Afterward, we ran a few more errands, and then I went home to knit for a while while mom packed up her things for her trip. A few hours later, mom and dad (my step-dad Rick) came up and we went to the Clay Pit for dinner. It is and incredible Indian Restaurant and the food was D E L I C I O U S. Mmmm... if you go, I highly recommend the curried mussels. I'm not a big mussel fan - but these were sooooo good.

After dinner we headed back to our house for gifts and dessert. It was such a great day!

Today has been a little harder. I can't help thinking about Evan. I hope and pray that he is doing well. I know his birth mom is taking good care of him, but we still miss him so much.

We have such an awesome little family. I feel blessed to have my incredible husband and our precious daughter. Lately, my prayer has been that God would make me content with the family that I have.

If He brought more children into our home (through birth or adoption) I would be thrilled, but for now I feel Him asking for me to trust and wait - and live in contentment. This isn't an easy thing - but with the guidance of the Holy Spirit, it is what I'm going to try to do.

I'm not usually so open about emotional things here, so I feel I should leave you with something funny. If there is anyone out there who understands motherhood, it's commedian Anita Renfroe. Here is a little ditty she wrote about what a mom goes through every 24 hours... Enjoy!

The Mom Song

7 comments:

katie said...

Thanks for sharing Nona :) I'm thinking about you and praying for you. Sounds like you had lots of fun with your mom!

Alyssa said...

i LOVE Anita Renfroe! She is hysterical, and just keeps me laughing! I hope you're having a blessed Mother's Day -- have fun at Disneyland. Praying for all of you today. :)

Heather said...

Happy Mother's Day, Nona. I can't imagine being in your shoes, but you show such strength and grace. I will be praying for you today in in the upcoming days and weeks. Sounds like you and your mom had a great Mother's Day celebration. Have fun at Disneyland!

Vonney said...

I am so sorry to hear about your pain. I could not even imagine what you are going through right now. I will say a little pray for you and your family!

Stacy said...

Great pictures! You seem like you are really trying to keep your strength and appreciate what you have in your life. I can't imagine how hard things have been for you all. Keep those positive thoughts, and have fun planning for the trip to Disney. Sammie will love it!

Unknown said...

I just wanted to say that you seem like a really neat person and reading about your faith is quite inspiring!

Jena said...

What a beautiful family! You are an inspiration. Thanks for sharing that little video - every time I hear it I just crack up.