Saturday, May 3, 2008

Happy National Scrapbook Day!

I'm having a big shin-dig here tomorrow... er, today. Lotsa paper crafting, food, prizes and fun! I'll have to post pictures of the event tomorrow, because I'm too tired to take pictures right now. I've been cleaning, and prepping all day, and even though my body is screaming for bed - my mind is racing. I'm just so excited!

Dave's going to go out drinking to escape the estrogen. No really, he is! There's a big brew fest downtown, so he and his buddies are doing that and Sammie is spending the day with Grandma 'Ree! (For those concerned that Dave will get "wasted", don't worry - he's not that kind of guy. He's a "connoisseur" - read "beer snob", and he goes to these things to get ideas for his own home brew recipes.)

And, because my crop goes from 10 am to 10 pm, Dave is finishing up the evening with a poker game at his boss' house. Did I mention that his boss' friend is a professional chef and he enjoys cooking for these parties? Yeah... don't feel too sorry for poor Dave, getting chased out of his house by a bunch of girls. ;)

ANYWAY.... Let's celebrate National Scrapbooking Day with a bit of a contest! I haven't done one in a while, and I've got a super cute mini album ready to go in the mail to the winner!

YOUR CHALLENGE, should you choose to accept it...

...is to make a 1 or 2 paged layout (with journaling)

...that includes one LARGE picture (5x7 or larger)

...and your FAVORITE QUOTE

...and somehow incorporates CIRCLES (thematic elements, punches, stamps, circular embellishments, etc)


Send a link to your page(s) in the comment box below by 11:59 pm Sunday night! The winner (as determined by my loving husband) will get an awesome prize handmade by me! Good luck!

4 comments:

Bohemian chic said...

Nona, I wish I could join you at your house!! And poker are you kidding me our husbands would get along just fine! Have fun. www.lukabella.typepad.com

Jena said...

Hi Nona - sounds like you had an awesome day planned yesterday! Hope you had fun, and got lots of great pages scrapped - can't wait to see them!

Thanks for the contest - it inspired me to do this layout that I attempted to start a month ago. You can view it at the following link...

http://livelovelaughscrapbook.blogspot.com/2008/05/treasures-of-yesterday.html

sharalyns said...

Nona--I had so much fun yesterday--I wish my Tupperware deal had ended sooner--I would have gotten more done at your place! :-)

Here's my link to my submission to your challenge! :-)

http://shfr.us/blog/2008/05/saturday_fun.html

Mary said...

Nona, I just LOVE your pictures of your family in the tulips! You must have been up in the Skagit Valley on the only sunny Saturday (weekend) in April: April 12! LOL They are beautiful pictures and I hope you share the pages/layout you make with them! Sammy is sooooo darling! I'm sure your new family addition will just add more wonderful dimensions to your scrapbooks and stories!