This is my contribution to the Humble Artist Swapping group I'm involved with. This month we had the following challenges:
1. Card must be 6"x6" (not my favorite size by a long shot, but I'm pleased with how it turned out.
2. You must use something "clear" - I used clear detailed embossing powder on the star.
3. Card must feature new papers from the Fall Idea Book - I used a patterned sheet from the new kit "Perfect Day". Isn't it fabu?
4. Card must have round design elements of some sort - I added scallops.
5. Card must have some kind of dimensional element - I used the brackets from the fresh shapes collection of DEs.
6. Card must have at least 3 stamped images. I used the Spot on Backgrounds to give my brackets polkadots. I stamped the star and embossed with clear powder (then used cocoa ink on a sponge to bring out the detail of the stamp. Finally, I stamped the sentiment and sponged the edges. The star and senteiment are both from the new set "Shining Star". Also you may recognize that the paper and ink is a new color. "Juniper" is one of 4 new colors in the CTMH Fall/Winter book and it is DELIGHTFULLY DELICIOUS!
I also pulled out my ol' trusty sewing machine to do the stitching around the cocoa frame and outside edge. Overall - one of my favorite cards I've made in a long time.