Thursday, December 18, 2008

Anniversary Card

We're officially snowed in. Got about 5" of snow today, and our driveway and street look like ice rinks. I enjoyed sitting by the window today and watching the kids try to snowboard down the street (we have a very slight incline).

The snow in the trees is so beautiful - a true winter wonderland. I'm just thankful to not have to go anywhere. I had jury duty on Monday and was the last person excused from a child molestation case. I'm doubly thankful to not have to sit on that case OR try and commute to the courthouse on very icy roads.

I haven't been too creative lately. Been trying to catch up on the 21 neck warmer orders from last weekend and get those shipped out. I also took a break to put together a mystery puzzle. Haven't done a puzzle in more than 5 years, so it was a great to spend a few hours relaxing and solving the mystery. (Puzzle is "C is for Chocolate" for those who are interested in looking it up).

I didn't have any recent art to post besides this card. I made it for Dave's aunt and uncles' 25th anniversary. Sorry the photo is so dark. I used SU! hostess reward paper, and CTMH Cocoa cardstock. Colored the Riley stamp with my copics. The flower and "love" stamp are also CTMH. The button is from the scrapbook store.

Here's a shot of my puzzle last night. I finished them earlier today. It's a murder mystery puzzle. You have no picture to go by, and you have to put together 2 scenes - one before and one after the crime - to solve the case. The hardest part is figuring out which of the two puzzles each piece goes with.

3 comments:

Barb said...

Snowed in! Sounds great. Your card is adorable, those Riley images are the cutest!

sharalyns said...

Yeah.... 5 inches would have been nice! We have almost 8 currently, and they're talking about 6-12 more for us on Sunday with *no* melting in between! Waaah! I barely got home from work last night. Oh well, I shouldn't complain--this gives me time to get all those sewing projects for Christmas done! ;-)

Alanna said...

Love the Riley card and I love puzzles. I've never heard of this type that you're doing. How fun.