One of Dave's co-workers will soon be a papa for the first time (not counting his step-kids), so I whipped up this cute hat for his son. It was an experimental hat, and I just sort of made it up as I went along.
I used Cascade 220 Paints yarn, and size 7 doublepoints. CO 68. The edge is done in a 2x2 rib for 5 or 6 rows. I then decreased about 3 stitches ever 5 or 6 rows to make it rounded. The major decreasing was done by K2tog, k2 for 1 row, then K2tog, k1 for one row, k all for 2 rows, and finally k2tog all for 2 rows. Then I just pulled the tail through the remaining stitches and wove in the ends.
We don't have any baby models around here quite yet so I had to improvise with one of Sammie's dolls. She's a bit of a freaky one with a droopy eye. Her name is Overis - don't ask, I don't know why either!