Thursday, January 27, 2011

What's On My Needles

Nothing too exciting to share these days.  :)  I did add a few new listings to my etsy shop yesterday, including:

This little infant sized beaded cupcake hat in orange...
Beaded Cupcake Hat - Infant Size, Orange

and this child size cupcake hat in light purple..
Cupcake Hat - Toddler Size, Light Purple

I've got sock club tomorrow night (Friday), and I'll confess that I just started the first in the pair last night.  At my club, we knit one sock a month, and this meeting was the month where we are supposed to be starting the second sock.  OOPS!  

It's always bad when the "students" outknit their "teacher".  I use those terms loosely because some of the ladies have more knitting experience than I do.  But to my credit I've whipped up about 12 pairs of mittens, 2 Christmas Stockings, a pair of socks, 3 hats, and started a few more projects since our last meeting.  :)  So I get a little grace, right?

Anywhoo...  this is my progress last night. We are knitting "Chouwa" from Judy Sumner's book "Knitted Socks East and West".

At around midnight this morning, I had just finished the cuff...  I'm using Knit Picks Stroll Sock Yarn, in a now retired color...

I quit at 1 am and went to bed, and had completed a few rounds of "pattern B"  This sock is actually pretty fun to knit.  A bit mindless in a good way.  If you've never knit socks before, this would be a great one to start with...

I picked it back up today, while Ruby was napping.  I was also watching Miami Ink at got a little too into the storyline... Made a few errors.  Ripped back a few rows.  Knit for another hour.  Then it looked like this.

At around 4 pm, I decided I couldn't stand all the mistakes, and ripped back about 30 rows.

Now... 9 pm or so, I'm finally back to where I was at around 3 pm.  Hoping to get to the heel tonight.  It's looking good.  As long as Bones or the Office isn't too interesting.  :)

Oh!  And if you are interested, I finished the first of my newest pair of Lilly Gloves.  These ones are unclaimed as of yet.  $42 plus tax/shipping.  I'm thinking my next pair will be black with RED beads!!!  Ooooh.

No comments: