Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Antique Jar Needle Storage

I haven't posted what's "on" my needles in a while (save that for the next post), but today I'd love to share "where" my needles are.

While antiquing over the weekend, I happened upon a beautiful old jar filled to the brim with knitting needles.  Immediately I was overwhelmed with pure, unadulterated, instant LOVE!  My needles are always all over the place.  When they are put away - which isn't often - I store them in really ugly, but useful, cardboard tubes labeled by size.  But I use truly lovely needles (Harmony by Knit Picks) and stuffing them in these tubes makes me sad.  I want the world to see how pretty they are!  Additionally, it's much more handy to have them out in an easy to reach place rather than shoved in a drawer.

Solution.  Fabulous antique jars filled with my knitting needles.  Genius, I say... pure genius!  And in the process I cleaned off the top of my desk too.


The empty jars will have needles... they just happen to be in use at the moment.

2 comments:

Sheila Bennett said...

Very pretty. But those "needles" on the far left look as though they would be very difficult to knit with. lol

Sheila H said...

Very clever and decorative, too!