Tuesday, May 10, 2011

What's On My Needles

Every week brings me closer to the start of market season!  AHHHH!  Where did my time go?  I am not nearly where I feel I should be - and that means LOTS of knitting is going on here during nap time, and into the wee hours of the night.

Here are a few things I was working on this past week:

First, I got some new yarn from Blue Moon (this is "Twisted" in Lagoon).  I love this color-way, but I've had the dickens of a time getting these gloves sized right.  I ended up ripping them out and starting over about 3 times.  Finally, I've just left them as is and am calling them a size Adult Small or Child Large.  

Also in Blue Moon yarn (this time "Socks that Rock"), this is one of the simple ribbed socks that I designed for an "easy" pattern for my monthly sock club.  The pattern this month is a real doozey, so my less experienced members wanted an easy pattern too. 

These are several pairs of my "Freya Gauntlets" in progress.  The green ones are Berroco Vintage, the rest are Knit Picks Andean Silk.

Knit up two pairs of Montmartre last week too - sorry the picture is so terribly blurry..  The beige ones are knit in Berroco Vintage, and the blue ones are Knit Picks Capra

At the beginning of the year, I was THIIIIIS close (imagine my thumb and pointer finger squeezing a mere centimeter apart) to signing up for the Socks that Rock sock club.  Cookie A is one of their designers (and one of my designer idols.  But after only completing 2 of the 6 projects from the knit-along club I joined last year, I couldn't quite stomach the $280 price tag of the sock club.  To make up for the disappointment of missing out, I bought Cookies' new book "knit. sock. love." and it is AWESOME.


I started the infamous "monkey socks" and I can't put them down!!!!  I'll knit a repeat of the pattern on each sock, then go back to market knitting.  But all the while I'm thinking about the monkeys.  :)  I'm using Knit Picks Felici (Afternoon colorway) for them. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know if "swoon" or "drool" would be more appropriate. Thanks for sharing such beautiful projects!

Leslie said...

I love all of your projects. Its funny you mentioned the Socks that Rock club. I did join this year, and while the patterns are not me, the colors are absolutely amazing. Have you seen any of them? I'm waiting for the May kit to be sent. This year its all about color in some amazing ways.