Thursday, January 26, 2012

Owlet Sweater and other knitting news

I'm so addicted to knitting for my baby that I had to immediately begin this new sweater pattern for him the very night I finished the last sweater.

This one is called Owlet and it's by Kate Davies.  I'm using Shine again because it's just the best yarn for baby sweaters that I've found.


Not sure if you can see in the photo, but there is a ring of owls with button eyes that are knitted into the yoke, back and sleeves of the sweater.  Super cute.

I'm knitting the sweater in the 18-24 month size, and so far my only complaint is that it seems small.  After discussing with another knitter who recently completed this project, she also had to go up (to the 9 months size) and her finished sweater is snug on her 3 month baby.  So keep that in mind if you plan to knit one for someone you love!

Here's my progress as of Tuesday night:

and last night:

I have about 4 more inches before I can start the sleeves.  Hoping to get to the owl bits by tomorrow!

In other news, I'm working on a new design - this time a sock!  And simultaneously, I"m knitting a pair for my sweet husband.  He has not received a finished pair of socks since January of 2010 (probably because his feet are so dang long!!!) but I've been promising him socks for a while now.  

So... here we go.  I'm 2/3 done with the first one, with a goal to finish both by Feb 10.  Since this photo was taken, I've done another two inches on the foot.  The yarn is Malabrigo sock, and the colors are just yummy - shades of brown, orange, and beige.  They are much deeper and richer than in the photo - I just used my phone camera.


I've also got a few strawberry hats on my needles, as well as a name banner for Ruby, one for the baby, and 2 Valentine's days ones for Etsy (that I hope to post by Saturday).  Additionally, there's one more new pattern that has been ripped out and redone about 5 times now, so I'm super close to having a viable, working design.  Whew!  

And that's what I've been doing this week.  What are you up to?

No comments: