Tuesday, March 6, 2012

More Pattern Knitting

Well... still no baby!  I'm trying very hard not to be discouraged, especially since I'm still 1 week from my due date.  Today was my "wish" birthday for our son.  How cool would it be to have the birth date 3-6-12?

Anyway.... to stave off the late pregnancy crazies I've been knitting up a storm.  It feels good to keep the hands busy, and I can knit while sitting/bouncing on one of those giant exercise balls.  Supposedly this helps the baby drop into position.

So, I finished both designs for Knitterella's test knitting project.  I can't wait to show you the finished garments (once she releases the pattern).  They are really beautiful - and simple enough that even a beginning knitter will have great success knitting them.  I think the set would make a fantastic gift.  I've put aside my set for just one special person to receive.  Can't post names though - she reads my blog!

I also finished typing up all 4 of my patterns that were in the works.  Two just got submitted to Knit Picks for final approval.  I'll hear back (hopefully) soon about their release.  I'll release them in my Craftsy, Ravelry, and Etsy shops the same day they go live on Knit Picks if they are picked up.  Otherwise, it should only be another few days/week before they get posted.  That is the beauty of self publishing!  ;)

Not to be all teasing, however, I do have a sneak peek at a new sock pattern I'm whipping up.



This uses the Knit Picks Glimmer line of yarn.  Though it isn't a St. Patty's Day pattern, the green feels very festive to me, and it cheered me up just working with it.  I love the glimmer sock yarn, because there are small strands of sparkly fiber that wind through each skein, and it just makes the whole project feel magical.

Since that photo was taken, I've gotten another 2-3 inches knit.  If this baby keeps staying put, I could have a new pair of socks knit up in record time.  Sigh...

I'll leave you with one last picture - just because it makes me smile.  We had oranges and left over curry for lunch.  Ruby loves curry (all spicy food really), and her favorite food is oranges.  Sometimes she'll eat the peel if I don't grab it away fast enough.  Anyway... I just love this little snapshot of her.


Hope your day is delightful!

No comments: