Sunday, October 14, 2012

Pumpkin Farm

Today was about as perfect as a fall day in Seattle can get.  With our schedule being totally full through the end of the month, we decided to play hooky from church, and take the family to the pumpkin farm.

I had purchased a Living Social coupon, so this farm was new to us - but it was great!  We went to Bailey's Vegetable Farm in Snohomish.  It's a much smaller pumpkin patch than we usually go to, but this also meant fewer lines, fewer people, and a more intimate experience.

We got to the farm at around 9:30 this morning, and spent the next 2 hours playing in the barn (they had two big tire swings, a small hay maze, tricycles than had been converted into John Deer Tractors, and a hay mountain for climbing), playing outside, picking out pumpkins, taking a hay ride, traipsing through the corn maze, and playing wiffle ball!  We even beat the rain by a few hours - enjoying the overcast, but dry sky all morning.

The girls were super sweet the whole day, and Hosea cooperated even though he missed his morning nap.  We finished our adventure with lunch at McD's, and were home in time for naps and to watch the Seahawk's game (WHOOHOOO!!!! Go Hawks!).

Out of the 267 pictures I took, these were the ones I just *HAD* to edit and post tonight.  They positively could not wait.  I can't stand all the cuteness!  Have I mentioned that fall/pumpkin farm pictures are my all time favorite event to shoot?!?  I don't know if its the colors, or the pretty landscape, or that we're all wearing hand knits again.  There's just something about fall that lifts my spirits and makes me want to capture family memories.  















2 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful pictures of your beautiful family! I love taking pictures in the fall. It's my favorite season too.

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Nona,
You and Dave have such a wonderful family - these photos are absolute proof! Love to you all!!