Barb tagged me with a different sort of tag game. I'm not a big fan of tags, but this one actually seemed fun. So here goes...
1. Get the book on your nightstand (or whatever book you are currently reading).
2. Open it to page 56 and find the 5th sentence.
3. Post the next couple of sentences on your blog, along with these instructions.
4. Do not go and find your favorite book, it has to be the one you are reading now!
5. Tag 5 other people to do the same.
I'm currently reading Midnight's Children by Salman Rushdie.
The fifth sentence (in all it's loquacious glory) reads, "Into this bog of muteness there came, one evening, a short man whose head was as flast as a the cap upon it; whose legs were as bowed as reeds in the wind; whose nose nearly touched his up-curving chin; and whose voice, as a result, was thin and sharp - it had to be, to squeeze through the narrow gap between his breathing apparatus and his jaw...a man whose short sight obliged him to take one step at a time, which gained him a reputation for thoroughness and dullness, and endeared him to his superious by enabling them to feel well-served without feeling threatened; a man whose starched, pressed uniform reeked of Blanco and rectitude, and about whom, despite his appearance of a character out of a puppet-show, there hung the unmistakable scent of success: Major Zulfikar, a man with a future, came to call, as he had promised, to tie up a few loose ends."
I'm tagging: Jenn, Sparkle, Christine, Gina, and Jena.