Sunday, September 13, 2009

Upcoming Christmas Card Workshops

It's that time of year again!  Christmas Card Workshop time.

Last week, my sweet husband gave me a few evenings sans children to fully get into a "creative zone", and do some serious design work.  At first I found the new CTMH paper packets challenging to work with.  But then the ideas started rolling, and I was able to come up with these great cards.  I'm extremely pleased with how they turned out, and I hope my customers will be as well.  To see a closer view of the cards, click on the photo.

Since adding a second child to our family, my papercrafting motto has become more and more in line with CTMH's - "faster, simpler, and easier".  People want the homemade look, but don't want to spend hours and hours on super detailed cards.  So, I've replaced my typical 25 cards/5 each of 5 designs workshop with a 24 cards/8 each of 3 designs workshop.  Also, the embellishing is minimal (but elegant), and the stamping, while prevalent, is not challenging.

I hope that if you are in the greater Seattle area, you will consider attending one of my Christmas Card workshops (dates TBA soon), or even consider having a private Christmas Card workshop with a group of your friends! Private workshops are great because you can chat and share snacks while working, but also I'll be rewarding the group "organizer" with the hostess rewards for the workshop supply costs!  That is a minimum of $25 in free goodies - possibly more!  Email me (nonapearl@myctmh.com) if you'd like more information on a private workshop, or to RSVP for one of my regular Christmas Card workshops.

If you are not in the Seattle area, consider purchasing a set of 24 pre-made cards!  The cost is just $30 plus shipping, and you'll get that great hand-crafted look without the time/energy of making them yourself.  (nonapearl@myctmh.com)

11 comments:

Unknown said...

I will probably go to a workshop again this year!

Krista Ritskes said...

Love your cards! I hope you don't mind if I sort of copy your idea.

Unknown said...

Gosh I wish I lived in Seattle. Your cards are wonderful. I know your workshop will be great!

nonapearl said...

Krista - as long as you aren't selling my designs or using them for contests/publication then feel free to lift.

blessings,
Nona

Unknown said...

Your workshop looks fabulous--wish I were in your area! (What a dear DH you have...you needed your creative time & he needed his little DD time too!)

Michele said...

Nona,
What did you use for the tulip "bling" on the first set. Love the cards and the FSE factor! Hope to see you soon.

nonapearl said...

Michele,
It's Red Stickles. :) Shhhh... don't tell.

Michele said...

I will keep the secret. But that doesn't solve my problem...what am I going to use. Hmmm....

Rosie said...

looks great, but I noticed an oopsie on your flyer. Your flyer says 3 each of 8 designs, but 9 designs are pictured (3 each in the 3 papers). Did you mean 8 each of 3 designs? Love your card designs... love that your husband gave you a night "off." I'll be looking for one of those as soon as my husband's master's thesis is finished. =)

nonapearl said...

Ooh - Rosie thanks for the heads up!

It is 8 each in 3 designs. They pick one of the 3 different card sets.

Michele said...

Nona,
Did you make cards using the simply snapshots? I have seeal sets of the Christmas and Free Spirit ones I would like to use for my class. If you can lead me to your photos, that would be fantastic!