Monday, January 9, 2012

Shopping for Bubbah

Sam likes to call her little brother 'Bubbah', and Dave and I realized this weekend that we have less than 9 weeks (or so) to get ready for him.  Unbelievably, the pregnancy has flown by and here we are in single digit weeks to wait.

So this weekend, we went shopping for Bubbah.  I got some nice 3 month basics in solid colors (that would pair well with the sweaters I'm knitting for him).  I figure we can always roll up the sleeves and legs if needed for a while.


And then we got some 0-3 month outfits too - so he has something that fits for the first few weeks.  This one was just too cute...


I love the elephant one - random Nona fact: I've collected elephant figurines since I was 5 years old.  And of course, by now you all know our family's affinity for football.


And finally, Samantha picked this set out for her brother.  She was so excited about it, that we promised it could be his "coming home from the hospital" outfit.  Aren't those bitty socks just the teeniest and cutest things you've ever seen?!?! 


In other news, we've been working on Bubbah's room.  I bought some paint, but when we opened the can it looked NOTHING like what I had pictured in my head (or really what it looked like on the paint chip card).  I was going for a rich, dark, blue - a cross between a royal blue and navy - but dark like navy.

This just screamed "Marge Simpson's hair" blue to me.

Thankfully, when we took it back to the store, the guys were able to add more pigment to it, and come up with the actual color that I wanted.  Whew!  Want to know the funniest part - Samantha pointed out that the new color is "Seahawk" blue.  So if he ever wants a football themed bedroom, it will be pretty easy to do.

Here is the room in progress.  We're only painting 2 of the walls this dark color, and leaving the rest a creamy white.  That way the color isn't overpowering.  The room gets a lot of natural light, so we think this will be just perfect.  Once we get it completely done, I'll post more pictures.  


1 comment:

Sheila Bennett said...

How fun! Really like the stripped "coming home" outfit that Sam picked out. Samantha and I went shopping for baby boy clothes this weekend and got some really adorable things. My grand baby is just about two weeks ahead of you. :)